Thursday, May 20, 2010

Visit with legislators

Today I had the privilege of visiting with the legislature. I am hoping to host our first Utah State Family Impact Seminars sometime in 2011. Since this is an election year, it would probably be too much to try to do one this year, but some of the topics the legislators are discussing include:  domestic violence, paying for social service agencies without tapping into the taxpayer, and promoting charter schools over the public school system as it now stands.

If we can get over the hurdle of "What is a Family Impact Seminar" then we may have a shot in 2011!  I'll be posting our progress on this blog. If any of you are interested in volunteering at the seminar (chance to be in the state capitol during the session and meet your legislators!), please let me know! I think it will be an interesting adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment